Music may have been the headliner at Coachella, but the festival’s fashion choices are garnering more and more attention every year. From Kendall Jenner’s flower-adorned sunglasses to Jared Leto’s game-changing pants, 11 celebrity festival trends worth copycatting.
1. Colorful kaftans as seen on Vanessa Hudgens
Hudgens always goes all-out for Coachella, and this year was no different as the star channeled her inner bohemian goddess in a flowy kaftan. Mermaid-inspired tresses completed the ethereal look.
2. Flower sunglasses as seen on Kendall Jenner
The buzzy model’s huge nose ring earned tons of attention, but we prefer her much more wearable blue flower-embellished sunglasses.
3. Heart-shaped sunglasses as seen on Jamie Chung
Chung brought red, heart-shaped sunglasses—a look usually reserved for little kids—onto the fashion radar.
4. Natural hair as seen on Beyoncé; army pants as seen on Jay-Z
The power couple’s effortless looks—Queen Bey in denim shorts, a white blouse, and wild mane, and Jay-Z in army pants and a practical bandana—prove you don’t have to go crazy with boho accessories to nail festival style.
5. Flatforms as seen on Kate Bosworth
Another fashion star in Coachellas past, former LAC cover girl Bosworth brings the flatform back in a big way by pairing it with a floral, cutout romper and classic aviator-style sunglasses.
6. Styled cut-offs as seen on Julianne Hough
Hough upgraded denim cut-off shorts by adding layers of edgy jewelry around her neck and a boho-chic fringe bag.
7. Elaborate manis as seen on Alessandra Ambrosio
Ambrosio dressed her digits for the occasion in dreamy Coachella-inspired scenes of palm trees and Ferris wheels. Edgy rings topped off the look.
8. Printed scarves as seen on Hilary Duff
The actress/singer’s beautiful Alexander McQueen scarf came to the rescue when a sandstorm hit the festival grounds. Ray-Bans and a hat made the perfect chic-but-practical companions.
9. Zebra-printed pants as seen on Jared Leto
Animal prints aren’t just for ladies, as evidenced on the ever-imitable Academy Award-winner/LAC cover star.
10. Turbans as seen on Chanel Iman
A knitted mini dress, brown booties, and round sunglasses made up Chanel Iman’s festival-chic outfit, but it was her multi-colored head turban that effortlessly tied it all together.
11. Pharrell’s Hat as seen on…Pharrell Williams
The “Happy” crooner donned his signature topper on stage at Coachella with colorful shorts, a sweater, and scarf.