Kellan Lutz's Favorite Spots
1. The Penthouse restaurant at The Huntley hotel in Santa Monica (1111 Second St., Santa Monica, 310-394-5454; thehuntleyhotel.com). Whether it’s for dinner or drinks, my friends and I often like to kick off the night here when hanging out on the Westside. In my opinion The Huntley has the best panoramic views in LA, and after being remodeled a couple of years ago, the space is now the epitome of Hollywood chic.
2. One of the spots I like to hit up on a regular basis is Santa Monica’s Father’s Office (1018 Montana Ave., Santa Monica, 310-393-2224; fathersoffice.com). Without a doubt, the cheeseburger and sweet potato fries here are the best in LA.
3. Griffith Observatory (2800 E. Observatory Ave., Los Angeles, 213-473-0800; griffithobs.org). This is a great place for relaxing and seeing Los Angeles from a different perspective. Check out the Samuel Oschin Planetarium; you’ll be in awe. Plus, if you have time, hike the Bronson Canyon Caves. The Batcave for the original Batman television series was filmed here. It’s a must-do.
4. Barney’s Beanery (250 N. First St., Burbank, 818-524-2912; barneysbeanery.com) in Burbank has it all—Wii, Guitar Hero, stadium seating for watching football—what more does a guy need to love a sports bar?
5. Stoney Point Park (Topanga Canyon Boulevard between the 118 Freeway and Chatsworth Street, Chatsworth, 818-756-8060; laparks.org). This is one of my favorite places to go when I want to escape from Los Angeles. My dog, Kola, and I climb the boulders all the way to the top and relax while looking over the city. It’s a great workout, and the view at the top is an even better reward.
6. Hollywood Palladium (6215 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, 323-962-7600; livenation.com). The acoustics in this concert venue are amazing and after undergoing a remodel that finished last year, it is now the “It” venue to see live music. A few of my friends and I recently checked out Third Eye Blind’s first Los Angeles show in years there—they rocked the house like it was 1999.
7. Hibachi Teriyaki Grill in Hermosa Beach (117 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach, 310-379-6456; eatathibachi.com) has the best teriyaki sauce and special salad dressing I’ve ever encountered. Both have secret ingredients only the owner knows. There’s only one option for salad dressing—it’s that good!