Forest and Keisha Whitaker Discuss Mother's and Father's Day
9. Our neighborhood recently got a Starbucks, and each of the girls has a favorite drink. Starbucks can literally top ice cream some days.
10. We love everything about Whole Foods , especially the hot bar. Whitaker-girl favorites include zucchini cakes, corn tamales, and chicken corn dogs.
Forest’s Picks for the Perfect Father’s Day
1. When the girls were little, I loved taking them to the Santa Monica Pier. They loved the rides, especially the Ferris wheel.
2. I love books and always take my girls to small bookstores like the Bodhi Tree Bookstore (8585 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, 310-659-1733; bodhitree.com) and Book Soup (8818 Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, 310-659-3110; booksoup.com). They love to read, and I love to receive books for gifts. That would be great for Father’s Day.
3. I’m a vegetarian and so is my daughter True, so I like to go to Vegan Express (3217 West Cahuenga Boulevard, Los Angeles, 323-851- 8837) for the veggie chicken and pancakes.
4. I like Dr. Tea’s (8612 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, 310-657-9300; teagarden.com) for teas and elixirs. I go there for meetings, and my kids sit outside and have a beverage.
5. We have always frequented farmers’ markets to buy art from up-and-coming artists. I like the mix of people at the Hollywood one.
6. The girls are shoppers, and they love Urban Outfitters , so I take them there and end up finding vintage-style sneakers or cameras I can use to play around with them.
7. We belong to this funky old-school tennis club in the Hollywood Hills . We go for brunch and family bingo. I like the vibe, and the girls play tennis and hang out.
8. I travel a lot, so hanging out all day with my four kids and watching movies at home would be a great gift for Father’s Day.
9. Last year they spoiled me and we went to the Raffles L’Ermitage (9291 Burton Way, Beverly Hills, 310-278-3344; raffles.com) and got a cabana by the pool. They swam and I hung out with my wife and hit up a basketball game that night. It was a great way to celebrate fatherhood and my blessings.
10. I often stop at Erewhon Natural Foods Market (7660-B Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, 323-937-0777; erewhonmarket.com) to get vegetarian food. I like the homeopathy section. True likes the unchicken and smoothies.
photographs by Todd Williamson/WireImage.com (WHITAKERS)