Diane von Furstenberg's Essentials
The legendary Diane von Furstenberg has been an icon of style for almost four decades. Here, the designer lets us in on some of her absolutely essentials.The legendary Diane von Furstenberg has been an icon of style for almost four decades. Here, the designer lets us in on some of her absolutely essentials.
1. When you travel, what is the one essential you always take with you? A camera.
2. Do you have a favorite scent? Nature.
3. Most cherished childhood memory? My collection of books.
4. Is there a gadget you must have with you? My iPhone.
5. Is there one item in your closet you wear all the time? A jersey dress.
6. Do you have a favorite accessory? My Wrap Bag. It’s my portable life.
7. Which books are currently on your nightstand? The Wasted Vigil, a novel by
8. What’s on your iPod these days? I have a friend who fills my iPod. I trust her and love
9. What’s your preferred method of transportation? Walking.
10. If someone gave you $10,000, how would you spend it? I would donate it to
Vital Voices, an organization that empowers women worldwide.
11. Where is your ideal vacation destination? I love discovering new places. I just got
back from the Red Sea in Egypt, and everything about it was beautiful and inspiring.
12. When you’re in town, where do you most like to dine? Il Sole, Chateau
Marmont, the Beverly Hills Hotel for brunch and M Café de Chaya—they make macrobiotic delicious.
13. Do you have a preferred place to stay in Los Angeles? My house in
14. Favorite thing to do in Los Angeles? Seeing my children and grandchildren—they
live here so every moment with them is a special one.
15. Do you have a motto you live by? Fear is not an option.
photographs by Lorenzo Agius (VON FURSTENBERG); Kelly Bazely (DRESS); Joseph Moretti (M CAFÉ DE CHAYA); courtesy of Canon (CAMERA)
LAC celebrates the women of its May/June 2013 issue at Palihouse in West Hollywood.