John Simonian and Alison Miller
Fashion Bucket List
LA is a city where the garment industry has a major presence. We have institutions such as the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and Otis College of Art and Design, which have launched designing greats Monique Lhuillier, Eduardo Lucero, True Religion Brand Jeans’ Kelly Arsenian and Juicy Couture cofounder Pamela Skaist-Levy. We boast an endless array of stores and boutiques offering both classic looks and truly unique creations. Our city brims with style innovators and exciting ways to experience the fashion industry. And so, in celebration of our Spring Fashion Issue, I give you my personal fashion bucket list.
1. Dress in Chanel from head to toe
2. Throw a publishing-exec diva moment, à la Anna Wintour—just once
3. Rock the red carpet with the Grace Kelly-esque ease and classic beauty of January Jones
4. Attend an Alexander McQueen fashion show
5. Have everything in the Decades showroom delivered to my home
6. Be the first in line for the next Barneys New York warehouse sale
7. Get a UV black-light tattoo so it can’t be seen with cocktail dresses
8. Invest in the guilty indulgence of a vintage Louis Vuitton monogram wardrobe trunk
9. Observe a fashion shoot with Mario Testino
10. Participate as a guest judge on Project Runway and retroactively appoint Mondo Guerra as the season-eight winner
Here’s to a beautiful and stylish spring season!
Fashion shoot: December 2013 issue of Los Angeles Confidential magazine.